The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. It does not knowingly collect Personal Information online from visitors in this age group, and will delete information from a person in that age group as quickly as possible upon receipt of notice that such information has been collected.
When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect information from you as described below.
1. Personal Information. “Personal Information” as defined herein refers to information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name, job title, postal address, telephone number, email address, employer, gender, race, and photograph. We may combine your Personal Information with other information that we have collected from you, whether on-line or off-line. We treat the combined information as Personal Information.
2. Collection of Personal Information. Except as specifically set forth herein, ABD may collect: (a) the email addresses of users that communicate with ABD via email; and (b) information knowingly provided by the user through the Site or via email. ABD may also use Internet cookies and other identifiers or methods of web analysis (such as Google Analytics) to gather, store, and track certain information related to your visit to and activity on the Site. If you are uncomfortable with the idea of your information being used in this way, most computer systems and web browsers offer privacy settings and options, such as disabling cookies or opting for “Do Not Track” features. ABD does not override these settings or options and encourages you to use them to enhance your choices and personalize your experiences. However, in order to access certain content, features, services, or benefits on the Site, you may be required to provide ABD with certain information, including some types of personally identifying information such as your email, your address, and your phone number. If you do not wish to provide such information through the Site or if you opt to utilize the aforementioned privacy features of your computer system or web browser, you may be unable to obtain certain content, features, services, or benefits of the Site.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Except as specifically set forth herein, any personally identifying information that you provide to ABD through the Site will not be disclosed to other third-party entities not affiliated with ABD. ABD is a coalition of five nonprofit organizations: Catalyst, Executive Leadership Council, Inc., Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility, Leadership Education for Asian Pacifics, Inc., and Diversified Search. Your Personal Information and data, whether personally identifying or not, may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which ABD enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by ABD in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of ABD or any other person or entity. Your Personal Information and data, whether personally identifying or not, may also be provided to third parties that contract with ABD to provide products, information, or other services that ABD believes that visitors to the Site may be interested in obtaining. While ABD may undertake efforts to see that any third party to which ABD discloses Personal Information is under an obligation to use that Personal Information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which ABD exercises no control. ABD is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties.
6. Security Measures and Communications. The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from ABD via the Site or via email cannot be, and is not, guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Site’s content may be transferred unencrypted and involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, ABD is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
9. Operated within the United States. The Site is controlled and operated from within the United States. Any information that we obtain as a result of your use of the Site may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to United States law. The privacy and data collection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. Those who choose to access the Site from outside the United States do so on their own volition and are fully responsible for compliance with applicable laws. If you are an individual located in the European Economic Area (“EU Data Subject”) or European Union (the “EU”), for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, where applicable, Switzerland, ABD does not (i) maintain an establishment in the EU; (ii) offer or intend to offer its products or services to EU Data Subjects through the Platform; or (iii) monitor the behavior of EU Data Subjects that takes place within the EU.
Dated: January 15, 2019